Good or Bad idea!?!?!

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey reefers
so my icekap 2k arrived today for my waterbox 15g peninsula and its bigger than i expected... The best spot i found without taking up too much space was to tuck it in the back corner. I also have the option of only using one of the heads cutting it in half. I am planning on growing SPS in this tank with a little lps. Should i keep it this way, removed one head, or go with the Nero 5? The Nero 5 is actually more gph but smaller footprint. Either one i choose will have to run very low no more than 50% obviously but im looking for the best quality flow to grow some wicked healthy corals. im thinking the gyre would push a nice sheet across all the panels. Using both of the heads i can position them in opposite directions. The size of the nero 5 is really appealing tho =/ . i am also worried about the sand bed and if the 2k gyre effect would make too much of a mess. Interested in thoughts !

IS THIS A good or BAD IDEA ? See picture attached

F6DBFECC-C1C9-44F1-9398-1EA06E20D488.jpeg

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey reefers
so my icekap 2k arrived today for my waterbox 15g peninsula and its bigger than i expected... The best spot i found without taking up too much space was to tuck it in the back corner. I also have the option of only using one of the heads cutting it in half. I am planning on growing SPS in this tank with a little lps. Should i keep it this way, removed one head, or go with the Nero 5? The Nero 5 is actually more gph but smaller footprint. Either one i choose will have to run very low no more than 50% obviously but im looking for the best quality flow to grow some wicked healthy corals. im thinking the gyre would push a nice sheet across all the panels. Using both of the heads i can position them in opposite directions. The size of the nero 5 is really appealing tho =/ . i am also worried about the sand bed and if the 2k gyre effect would make too much of a mess. Interested in thoughts !

IS THIS A good or BAD IDEA ? See picture attached

F6DBFECC-C1C9-44F1-9398-1EA06E20D488.jpeg
Definitely gonna blow some sand around if you leave that bottom half. If you can’t put it on the tanks back panel, I would go with the Nero. The absolute best thing you could do is cut that ice cap in half and also use a Nero somewhere else on the tank. Corals really love super random flow, especially sps.

OP
OP
Polyp Punk

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely gonna blow some sand around if you leave that bottom half. If you can’t put it on the tanks back panel, I would go with the Nero. The absolute best thing you could do is cut that ice cap in half and also use a Nero somewhere else on the tank. Corals really love super random flow, especially sps.
I only going to go with one pump for now so you think half of the ice cap or the Nero?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back