Good or bad Isopods?

Tristan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isopods are more elongated and are slightly larger than copepods. Copepods are smaller and are more bulbish you could say.

ltrace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
besides the size is there an advantage to have one or the other your tank? The reason I'm asking is I was thinking to add one or the other to my tank in a month or so. I have clowns, cardinals, tangs, a royal gramma, a chromis and midas blenny in a 120g long. Would they prefer one over the other to eat?
I just don't want to be over ran by either one of them. Referring to Isopods or Copepods.

Tristan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
besides the size is there an advantage to have one or the other your tank? The reason I'm asking is I was thinking to add one or the other to my tank in a month or so. I have clowns, cardinals, tangs, a royal gramma, a chromis and midas blenny in a 120g long. Would they prefer one over the other to eat?
I just don't want to be over ran by either one of them. Referring to Isopods or Copepods.

Not that I know of. Within a couple of months the balance of pods will reach well, a balance. They might prefer copepods because of the smaller size. Of Isopods may be easier to see.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back