Good poo eaters

Crabs McJones

Regional Reef Manager (AKA Revhtree's Boss)
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2017
Messages
33,608
Reaction score
153,960
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gross title I know, but what is the best fish poo eater? Are there any?
In my bare bottom tank, with my heavy stocking, there are piles of fish poo collecting underneath my rockwork. It's not causing any nutrient spikes as my fuge is able to keep up with it as it decays. But I'd like to get a critter to possibly clean it up a little bit. I do siphon it out during water changes and blow it out with a turkey baster occasionally, but would still like to get something that will naturally remove it.
Thoughts?
 
Here's one. Lol
29773.jpeg
 
I have hermits, what I dont have is spaghetti or bristleworm after changing out all my live rock
 
Bristle worms, copepods, hermit crabs, snails, and the best of all.....the siphon you use do water changes. That siphon sucks poo like .... uh.... something that can't be repeated here on R2R, cause this is a kid friendly forum.
 
I have hermits, what I dont have is spaghetti or bristleworm after changing out all my live rock
You want bristle worms? Cause I got bristle worms. They don't even bother hiding during times with the light on. And are all trained to eat scraps during feeding time!!! That is only partially a joke, btw.
 
I could ship you some! Lol
Honestly I wouldn't be completely against that lol. But I know my uncle has bristles in his tank, I'll steal a few of his :)

I was reading that serpent stars are poo eaters, any truth to this?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new