Good price? Blastomussa Wellsi frag

  • Thread starter Thread starter LandenB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LandenB

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2016
Messages
116
Reaction score
84
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS is selling a 5 polyp red and green blasto frag for $90. (I assume it's a common color variation as it is the most common I see pictures of in others tanks) Is this an good deal? what does this coloration of blasto usually go for per polyp? I'm in Texas if that makes any difference. Just wondering before I make a buy. Thanks!
 
In my eyes, a little steep for 5 heads. That is if it's the basic green face red rim Blasto. My LFS (don't quote me on this, but last I recall) had some 15-20ish head for about 140. Unsure of per head sales tho as with anything , the larger you buy the less the head cost is. I was fortunate enough to find one on Craigslist that had roughly 30 heads for $60. Does it look like this? (Excuse my cuke)
image.jpeg
 
Welcome. When do find one, they like lower light and lower flow as well. Unsure of par as I've never checked mine, but it rests in the Sandbed in a little cove to divert any direct flow. That also benefit greatly from spot feeding and should multiply given right conditions.
 
Appreciate, yeah I have definitely paid a premium being unable to wait to long to stock my tank... that said I'll be trying reverse that habit, buy from local hobbyists and not go in th LFS if I don't have to!! :)
 
Local hobbyists and R2R forums as well as vendors here may be able to satisfy the addiction at a decent rate. Fortunately I have access to an amazing LFS here that has gone above and beyond to make sure my itch is taken care of. Great experience here.
 
That's a sea cuke. (Not the type that'll nuke a system). He's probably the better part of foot or better at this point. Never fully comes out. Great sand cleaner. He vacuums up Sandbed and excretes clean little sand pellets.
Holy crap what is that worm like creature in front of those blastos???
 
Errrmmm, I got mine for $10. I wanna say it had 7 or 8 heads then
 
..I don't want to say I've been ripped off because I am enjoying the corals I have but wow will be passing on these blastos and will try my hand at patience

Thanks for your input as well ReefQueen!
 
..I don't want to say I've been ripped off because I am enjoying the corals I have but wow will be passing on these blastos and will try my hand at patience

Thanks for your input as well ReefQueen!
You will hear that something is only worth what you are willing to spend in this hobby, but I think in your case that is a bit much lol. It could be your area, but I haven't seen "regular" blasto for that much around here or online. Color morphs are a different story though;)
 
$45 from my lfs last year. About softball size
eaa38604ba4c4632f77bf90b4d2322fe.jpg

Nice!! with my LFS had deals like that. I just bought some rasta and purple hornet zoas from a hobbyist the other day for a steal... if feel like im on to something...
 
20180408_100129.jpg


$20 a head. Well worth it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new