Good RFA Placement?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rja
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rja

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2022
Messages
635
Reaction score
543
Location
Motor City
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a wee RFA today, wondering if this is good placement. He was already attached to a pile of aragonite.
812DB9E7-D85D-41A2-8325-4C8D32C4C44F.jpeg
 
We always place the ones in our display tanks on the bottom near some rock work like you did. They will move a little, but normally not too much.
Now will i have to worry about my nassarius snails messing with this guy?
 
Now will i have to worry about my nassarius snails messing with this guy?

We have a lot of inverts in our tanks and we find they don't really mess with them. The only time they will mess with them is if something is dying.
 
Kinda a bad pic , rfas generally don’t move too much , I had a life rock with a bunch of holes and put my rfas on it , they haven’t moved since
 

Attachments

  • A5BD8B0F-B254-4384-A8F1-934087F5BE32.jpeg
    A5BD8B0F-B254-4384-A8F1-934087F5BE32.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 105
Kinda a bad pic , rfas generally don’t move too much , I had a life rock with a bunch of holes and put my rfas on it , they haven’t moved since
Yup it has moved away from the rock a half inch and hunkered down into the sand bed so all I see is the red tentacles. It looks like a little tuft, lol. I assume its getting a foothold. I bet it will “open” tomorrow when the light are on

BEAUTIFUL tank btw ;)
 
Yup it has moved away from the rock a half inch and hunkered down into the sand bed so all I see is the red tentacles. It looks like a little tuft, lol. I assume its getting a foothold. I bet it will “open” tomorrow when the light are on

BEAUTIFUL tank btw ;)
Thanks I have an anemone addiction haha , would love to see your build thread !
 
Some of mine like the rocks and some like the sand.
 

Attachments

  • 20220428_162600.jpg
    20220428_162600.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220428_162626.jpg
    20220428_162626.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 63
That first one is nuts!
There was a bigger one on a rock next to him with striking red colors but he packed his bag and moved to an unknown location last week. I think a goni was bothering him. Hopefully he pops up somewhere soon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new