Good RO/DI system

instantaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm just looking to remove contaminants and heavy metals from my water, and I was wondering if this 4 stage RO/DI filter is good enough for the job. My water also has some weird thing called PFAS which accidentally got in. I live in Michigan, so we get our water from the Great Lakes. PFAS was poured into the water, and it didn't get absorbed fully so it is now in our water (we also sometimes have lead and crap too...)

Here's the link: https://www.chewy.com/aquatic-life-...X0p9jfJNlQhQnYEzZIQTUwsiWHUo8XSQaAr8PEALw_wcB

Highschool student on a budget, but I'm ready to take suggestions.

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also in high school. I haven’t heard very good things about the AquaticLife RO buddies unfortunately. I would recommend the Bulk Reef Supply 4 stage. Here is a link:
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/4-stage-value-ro-di-system-bulk-reef-supply.html

Right now they are running a 10% off sale for all of BRS products. Normally it is $150. I know it is more expensive than the other option, but it’s superior in quality.
Hope this helps...

Madmanmadrid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best thing to do is look for a used one and just replace the filters. Sometimes you can find one cheap and just need filters

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back