Good stocking for a 65?

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tang is a "no" for your tank size. I'm sorry -- you will have a gorgeous tank, but there are arguments on here about proper tank size for a tang, but a 65 will be cruel once it reaches its adult size. Also...every dottyback I have ever had has been a huge bully, despite their size, but I have never owned and orchid. I've had good luck with coral beauties and bicolor angels (dwarf angels) -- but any angel can be a potential problem. But mine have behaved themselves in the tanks. I think your tank could handle them, but it would be pushing it. Liveaquaria has a good website and tank/fish combo suggestions: https://www.liveaquaria.com/category/15/marine-fish

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for coral beauty. No guarantees ofc, but one more person having good luck with one (was biota captive). It has that "tangish" shape and spends some time out in the open swimming. Mine is tank boss, well, between him and the algae blenny.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back