Google home and smart switches

Skarpz1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not really a controller but tech non the less. I run a small aquarium with smart switches I thought that they would cycle them selfs on when power is lost and then returned.
I learned this morning that we had a storm during the night I went to feed my fish and noticed none of my switches were on. Thank goodness it was only a short time but I would like to solve this problem.
Does anyone know of a way in google home to either set a test to check power on every "x minutes" via connection loss meaning the power is out and either calling or pushing some kind of notification or plan b at least cycling the switch back on when the power is up and connection re established telling home the switch is off. Google home, with geeni smart switches.
Thanks for your time.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run smart switches too and this is the exact reason why they are not really suitable to use as controller.
you can repeat the commands but it makes changes difficult.
IFTTT is your other option.

Anthony Kochevar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use these and they remember the last on/off setting. If they are off they stay off when power goes out and back on. Same if they are on and power goes out they come back on when restored. I use them with Alexa to turn off my pump and heater for cleaning.

Durhamreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not really a controller but tech non the less. I run a small aquarium with smart switches I thought that they would cycle them selfs on when power is lost and then returned.
I learned this morning that we had a storm during the night I went to feed my fish and noticed none of my switches were on. Thank goodness it was only a short time but I would like to solve this problem.
Does anyone know of a way in google home to either set a test to check power on every "x minutes" via connection loss meaning the power is out and either calling or pushing some kind of notification or plan b at least cycling the switch back on when the power is up and connection re established telling home the switch is off. Google home, with geeni smart switches.
Thanks for your time.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back