Goop growing in tank

Bankertanker

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2021
Messages
60
Reaction score
59
Location
Las Vegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning

There's this weird goop growing in my tank near the heater and in a few other places, does anyone know what this is?
107907AF-8847-4994-910E-852015A30D1A.jpeg
26DF3057-24A0-4836-B65D-22F34A62E36D.jpeg
 
Yeah it was a mistake, but good thing I caught it now.
Ever consider a conch? I sometimes overfeed and do zero sandbed maintenance but the conchs turn the sandbed over for me and consume food/detritus. Never had a clean sandbed before getting one. And NP happy to help!
 
Ever consider a conch? I sometimes overfeed and do zero sandbed maintenance but the conchs turn the sandbed over for me and consume food/detritus. Never had a clean sandbed before getting one. And NP happy to help!
I have not, i just got into reefing about 4 weeks ago so still very new and still learning a lot,

I came from freshwater, have a 30 long community tank and always wanted to get into saltwater, so this is my first project.

Starting small so I can learn for the future.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new