Gorgonian with possible infection?

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for some background info: This NPS Gorg has been in My care for close to 2 months, I did dip it when I first got it and it was doing well with a weekly feeding in my frag tank for the 1st month, It even grew a new branch!

But after fragging it off the original plug and gluing onto a rock for my main display, some of the flesh has been rotting away.
The tips of the branches were already like that when I received it, but the bottom one still had some flesh on it. Today, I found out that that portion is gone, and some from the back is also gone. Would it be a good idea to do an Iodine dip? Possibly an infection from Fragging? I'm thinking about just fragging the dead bits off and doing doing iodine dip to see if that helps. It's still seems really healthy with all its polyps out, im just worried that it might not be like that for long. Any suggestions are welcome!

Today
20210412_115006.jpg

2 days ago
Screenshot_20210412-140125_Gallery.jpg

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you glued it to the rock, did you strip the flesh off of where the glue made contact? If not, the tissue will rot underneath the glue.

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you glued it to the rock, did you strip the flesh off of where the glue made contact? If not, the tissue will rot underneath the glue.
Bingo... I forgot that you had to do that, that explains why only the base is dying back. Time to do it the right way

seafarer's.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That specimen looks like it would need more feeding for ideal health. I typically feed my Leptogorgia virgulata tiny particles of meaty foods which are found in their natural habitat. I'm also able to keep them in low flow very easily.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back