OP
OP
E

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used it myself but Gorilla adhesives in general don't have a good reputation. I would and do suggest just sticking with the tried and true PVC glues.

I've had good luck with Gorilla Glue products over the years. Which ones don't have a good rep?

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think Gorilla Glue and Gorilla PVC are the same company?? I'll let everyone know what I find out.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the pvc glue sure it stinks but dry's quickly & we "know" it's safe for our tanks.

OP
OP
E

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorilla PVC and Gorilla Glue are two different companys. Not sure how Gorilla PVC is getting away with copying the Gorilla Glue logo?? You have to put the two logos next to each other to see the differences.

They don’t have a working website and Menards has their products on Clearance. I have a bad feeling they might not be around in a year or two. If they are I would bet Gorilla Glue is going to force them to change their name.

I have problems with Chemical Sensitivities so I cant use products like Oatey without wearing a respirator. I’ve been using the clear PrimaGlue for the last few weeks and so far I like the stuff. It doesn’t smell good but I can use it without having to wear a hazmat suit!! ;) My only complaint so far is it dries white or a yellowish white not clear. On white PVC I don’t really care.

I think I’m only going to use it on my drain pipes and look for something else for my returns. The company just seems a little shady and I don’t know if I trust their products long term under pressure.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back