0   0   0
Pico update...
IMG_4277_zps9hubr9rm.jpg

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, nice! Mine just finished cycling, but it's still too low in salinity to add any inverts or corals.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick

I guarantee you that is a bulletproof reef setup solely off pics of the rock. you can take that rock, set it in your seat on a towel next time you go grab a drive through burger, eat the burger drive home submerge the rock and it will not recycle. ive allotted 20 mins for all that btw only enough time for one burger nofries. if you plant corals all on that, one lifting allows you to keep the bed perma detritus free that tank can be as old as Pauls w a little hardware luck. burn off offenders...that's a fully accessible setup.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@brandon429 It will be easy to care for. The sand gets stirred frequently (by me). No fish as of yet (I wasn't planning any, but maybe someone knows one that wouldn't be unhappy in a tiny tank. I don't know what I'm going to put in it coral wise. There's a rock with some goochester zoas that came intermingled with some big green palys. I don't want the green palys escaping into the main display so they are the pico's first residents. The green palys don't look very happy (this is not neccisarrily a bad thing IMO).

@mdbannister so when the rock turns pink, that means it's ready for a homewrecker, right? :D

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@brandon429 It will be easy to care for. The sand gets stirred frequently (by me). No fish as of yet (I wasn't planning any, but maybe someone knows one that wouldn't be unhappy in a tiny tank.
Ehhh, you know gobies, tiny ones, survive in tanks like that... or a six line or somethin. Good luck!

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot, yet again, to take pictures of my spec v... I have a striped fang blenny, CUC, and six line wrasse; I've been trying a baby bleached torch branch for a few weeks to see how it does--it's gonna be a euphylia garden--and it's been doing great. I also have some KILLER Dragons breath macroalgae--it really is awesome looking, I fully recommend it even for the display.

ChronicRage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot, yet again, to take pictures of my spec v... I have a striped fang blenny, CUC, and six line wrasse; I've been trying a baby bleached torch branch for a few weeks to see how it does--it's gonna be a euphylia garden--and it's been doing great. I also have some KILLER Dragons breath macroalgae--it really is awesome looking, I fully recommend it even for the display.
Take some! lol

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
You all must know of how I pride myself for taking the 'worst quality picture' award...lol.
Anyway, I added a baby Rhodactis that finally attached to a rock. I won't be adding any more cause I'm at an all out war with dinoflagellates, and two fish don't help-- the dragons breath does, hah. Anyway, my blenny is getting to bed so I should probably follow suit.
image.jpg

IMG_2937.JPG

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course there was an unwanted photo that I can't get rid of... ehh, whatever. But hey, anyone know what that sps is under the monte, it looks to be a stylo or pocillo but it's polyps go out really far.. also, they're big, too, and the growth of the sps itself is kinda thick and stout. Much appreciated!

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course there was an unwanted photo that I can't get rid of... ehh, whatever. But hey, anyone know what that sps is under the monte, it looks to be a stylo or pocillo but it's polyps go out really far.. also, they're big, too, and the growth of the sps itself is kinda thick and stout. Much appreciated!

Could be a hydnopora...

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0a42ebf885aa46f3a8e5f3f95294b797.jpg

Added about 25 shrooms on different rocks last night. Still need to do a little cosmetic work, light repositioning and going to get much cooler shrooms to replace the norms. Got the xenias attached to the glass corners and growing.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! What types of shrooms? Ric yumas/floridas, rhodactis, etc.

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I want them all lol, but to be specific Florida and Rhodactis. But I want to get the shrooms are by people from here on R2R. I want that tank to sport the R2R finds. Showing types of shrooms that people have in their tanks from all over the country.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I want them all lol, but to be specific Florida and Rhodactis. But I want to get the shrooms are by people from here on R2R. I want that tank to sport the R2R finds. Showing types of shrooms that people have in their tanks from all over the country.
Yeah, I don't really like the orange ricordias cause I cant ever get the middle color to stay vibrant. But I love blue and purple and green-- I tried to make a shroom garden but failed, aiming for hammer/torch/frog/octo. So much movement and color.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back