Got Genesis Renew auto-waterchange for Christmas from my wife.

OP
OP
BlennyKravitz

BlennyKravitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically your still dosing the same amount?
I'd say 30 to 20mL a day would be considered significant? That's about 30% less. But I just changed the dosing program, so I won't know for a few days if that decrease is correct.

It would make sense as the new water coming in every day replenishes Ca, but I was very surprised the Alk was the same.

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a litremeter auto water change system automatically changing water between my four tanks. Goes from IBC - main tank - softy tank - frag tank - clown harem - drain. By far the BEST thing I ever did. Convenience is a bonus, the stability achieved through 150 small changes a day is priceless. Very simple system to setup and install too, uses 1/4 john guest tubing which is so easy to plumb through the house :)

OP
OP
BlennyKravitz

BlennyKravitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a litremeter auto water change system automatically changing water between my four tanks. Goes from IBC - main tank - softy tank - frag tank - clown harem - drain. By far the BEST thing I ever did. Convenience is a bonus, the stability achieved through 150 small changes a day is priceless. Very simple system to setup and install too, uses 1/4 john guest tubing which is so easy to plumb through the house :)
I need to build another house for sure. I would definitely plumb lines to all the tank locations.

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked at this system many times... good to see someone with firsthand results. Looks very promising and the tank is really nice!

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an outside sump as well (tucked in a shed). One of the reasons I love Los Angeles.
Yes I was going to put everything in my garage when I lived in Orange County. Moved to Arizona and can get high 20s at night during the winter and low 120s during the summer days so everything is under the stand. I may yet get the wife to move to Kauai.

ADA salt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, Welcome![emoji3] We are glad to have you here with us. You have a beautiful system. Thanks for sharing the details and some results from the Genesis. Definitely seems like a great buy.
Thanks tj w! I must have missed this message earlier. I will post some current SPS shots later on - there's 37 different acros in there now lol. Most are little guys because I am cheap, but in a couple years, i am hoping it will look more like the ones I drool over on these forums.

ADA salt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked at this system many times... good to see someone with firsthand results. Looks very promising and the tank is really nice!
Thanks sayitfast. the controller looks really high end too. I was going to hide it under the tank with the Apex, but I decided to leave it out in the open.

ADA salt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized I signed up as another login on my computer, than on my iPhone. I keep a couple high-tech freshwater tanks too. Hence the ADA Salt handle.

Sorry for the alias confusion.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically your still dosing the same amount?

Unless you dial in the system so it's effectively changing the same amount of water you were changing before the system, there will definitely be an adjustment to dosing.

@Randy Holmes-Farley did an article that showed the results of small daily changes vs bulk changes and smaller changes are almost equivalent. I think if you look up that article you can actually compute the equivalent rates.

Sorry for the alias confusion.

I like @BlennyKravitz :D

mdelgado0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started out my build I in tended on using my apex to work just like the Genesis Renew auto-waterchanger, I ran into some issues with my saltwater storage, I cant seem to find any real good information about how long saltwater can be stored, temp, and mixing. I'm curious how what your approach was in tackling this problem. Nice looking system, I'm hoping for the same results, my tank is a year old and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have to admit the most fun was building the system.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.great tank and info.
Question , what happens with the ATO when the WC happens? Is it connected to the controller?

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started automatic continuous waterchanges on sunday. (Using an APEX Dõs). It only took a couple days to start seeing increased color/expansion and polyp extension in nearly all of my corals. Besides the simplicity factor, it already has made a big impact in appearance and vibrance of all my corals. Your photos definitely show that it has benefitted your system greatly. I'm excited to see the long term benefits of AWC. Thanks for sharing your experience over the last year with your AWC system!

Last edited:

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you do to clean the sand bed? Do you just stir it up to get the detritus into the water column?

marinworld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had this system for quite some time. Wanted to talk to Kevin from Genesis and have been emailing and calling for some time. I don't get any reply whatsoever. Anyone know if their still in business?

Don
Marine World

OP
OP
BlennyKravitz

BlennyKravitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had this system for quite some time. Wanted to talk to Kevin from Genesis and have been emailing and calling for some time. I don't get any reply whatsoever. Anyone know if their still in business?

Don
Marine World
My wife got me one for Christmas and it was delivered within a few days. I LOVE it. I haven't carried a bucket in four months. 1 gallon change every 8 hours...

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 117 74.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back