Red Sea Reef Wave 25 vs Nero 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gabbone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gabbone

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2024
Messages
552
Reaction score
283
Location
The Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am texting because I would like to know your opinion;

I currently have a Red Sea Reef Wave 25 in a 30g Aio tank.

I am thinking to switch to a Nero 3 for several reason:

- the reef wave 25 seems to be too big; even at 10% forward the waves are too strong. I can only use it in reverse mode and its kind of annoying.
- it takes a lot of space on the tank
- it accumulate a lots of dirt inside the device.

I see the nero3 can be set to run a very low speed and you can create the perfect flow for a small tank like mine.

Any opinions? Thank you!
 
I have the Nero in my 30ga long on one end and a small Maxspect gyre on the other end, works great
 
Is it a 30 long ? If so depending on how your rock work is set up, it might not give you enough flow down the other end.
 
How far from the top surface do you have your reef wave?
Also with Gyres I find that running them at constant speed creates the ideal circular motion in the tank so corals always get fresh water and the water column keeps moving. On small tank you can mount it vertical as well and run the sheet of water on rear wall or front wall.

Before getting new pump I would play with your Reef wave.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new