Got my ICP Test back, High Cobalt & Aluminium ?

David100

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2022
Messages
31
Reaction score
10
Location
Coventry
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my ICP results back from the icp.reef-zlements kit I sent off a few days back.

I have noticed 2 things that im not really sure how to fix.



3.57 µg/l Cobalt When it should be 0.1 - 1 µg/l Thatsvery high? What could cause this?

and

122.92 µg/l Aluminium When it should be 0 - 20 µg/l What can cause this level of aluminum in my tank?



I use RODI Water with TMC Reef Salt I recently did a 100% water change around 1-2 months ago and had a big tank clear out due to GHA but all rock and bacteria were kept and looked after as well as all livestock.
I have a Wavemaker, Skimmer, and return pump in the display as well as x2 heaters.
I also have bio balls in the back sump area I think they are ceramic, they came with the tank when I inherited it so im not sure what they are but they seem like bio media balls, can these cause aluminum issues?.
 
The cobalt is not a concern, IMO.

Aluminum often comes from problematic aluminum-containing media.


What are you hoping the bioballs accomplish? I'd consider removing them, although the aluminum may not be high enough or be in the right form to cause problems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new