Gotta Brag

scubadiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband and I have been NASDS open water scuba certified since 1977. We got our PADI Advanced Open Water Certification in Sept. with Scubatech in Destin. Not bad for two 60 year olds!! It was a very exciting vacation. We got to swim with a 20 ft. whaleshark. After our second dive and there were only 4 divers on board, Nancy, the Capt. told us to get rid of all but our fins, snorkle and mask, and of course I took my camera because we were going to get to swim with a whale shark. He was just a baby, but what a thrill it was and he loved human interaction and came around again and again to be scratched and rubbed just like a big dog. My husband was able to take a little ride on the surface holding onto his doral fin!! We played with him for 20 minutes. They had not seen one in the area in 2 years. In previous years whale sharks were always seen the day before or after our dive, but we hit it lucky that day! Scubatech posted several of my photos of him on their FB page. They also have a photo of the yellow seahorse I took while diving with Scubatech a couple of years ago. Gearing up for another 3 weeks of diving this summer!! Again, out of Destin. We stay on Okaloosa but always dive with Scubatech out of Destin!! More than ready to blow them bubbles below!!

tatorswife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have some friends that just got certified last year and they are hooked. I bet it is awesome.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool and congrats! Share some photos with us!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back