Grade A/Snowcasso Breeding Journal

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i were you i would stick to the rotigrow plus, ive tried both and sofar im way happier with rotigrow plus, to me the rg complete isnt that great, but thats just my opinion....

OP
OP
RandysReef

RandysReef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered RotiGrow plus, as recommended by some breeders here on the forum. It comes this Friday. My Rotifers aren't doing so well because I ran out of reeds phyto and had to improvise by using "Phyto-Feast" from Reef Nutrition made
for clams and reef tanks. The rots were slowly dying off so I had put them
into hibernation mode by sticking them in the fridge. Hopefully by Friday when the phyto comes, I can restart my culture.

I have been slacking on the feeding lately so I am back into feeding mode and feeding 5-7 times per day. I am mostly feeding Rods breeder blend, Roggers reef food, cyclop-eeze, and mysis. I feed more frozen than dry foods because it is easier to feed and they like it more and finish with full tummys. They aren't really liking the otohime as much anymore and it is a pain to feed when they only eat 1 out of 5 pellets I drop into the tank! They love to eat Nls Thera+ as if it were
candy though. :)

I just took a quick video on my phone of the pair and luckily the female showed some Pre Spawning behaviors that I couldn't capture in any of the other vids.

[video=youtube;5ha19pwrpDw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ha19pwrpDw[/video]

Last edited:
OP
OP
RandysReef

RandysReef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Valentines day!!:love:

Have a quick update:

I saw the female acting a little funky, while they were eating cyclop-eeze. So with my phone in my hand, i couldn't resist! :xd:

In the beginning she does her "new thing" and throughout the vid also, :embarassed: Breeders, ever seen your pairs do this before?

Watch the whole vid please! :smile:

[video=youtube;Sdm3SOR2hA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdm3SOR2hA0[/video]

Last edited:
OP
OP
RandysReef

RandysReef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

I sold the female to another breeder and i am turning my male snowcasso into female and then buying her a pair.

[video=youtube;sprmUvhxAws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sprmUvhxAws[/video]

Here he is happy in my reef in his new nem.

Mr Cob

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Randy, I have done the same on a few of my larger males. Took a couple of months for them to convert and take the female role along with nesting activity.

Sent from my HTC VIVID using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RandysReef

RandysReef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Randy, I have done the same on a few of my larger males. Took a couple of months for them to convert and take the female role along with nesting activity.

Sent from my HTC VIVID using Tapatalk

Thanks! I was recommended by a few breeders that this was a good idea. He is almost 2.5" so i think in 3 months or so with a male i might see eggs. i might stick a male with him in soon to see how he reacts.

Last edited:

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 71.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back