oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New item added to the menu!

"No candlelight needed"

Untitled-46.jpg
let us know how it works out for you randy.. ive tried every rods food and none of my current pairs like it, either it's to big or theres something in there that they dont like, when i thaw it , it looks kinda like a spicy food and im wondering if thats the reason.. I hear nothing but good things fom others which is why im always upset my fish dont eat it....

OP
OP
RandysReef

RandysReef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today, i tried out some Rods. I have to say that this is their favorite food! I have never seen the pair eat so much in the few months i have had them, especially the female! She slurped up long algae pieces and ate the big chunks of shrimp and squid that a tang would have trouble swallowing! :xd:

They absolutely love it!

This will definitely be their daily dinner from now on. :roll:

Last edited:

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried some as well tonight and they started to pick at it so thats a start. they will defenatly get size eating that rods food fast randy, thats why i get so upset at my pairs for not eating it cause i know its very good for them...arrgggggg

OP
OP
RandysReef

RandysReef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried some as well tonight and they started to pick at it so thats a start. they will defenatly get size eating that rods food fast randy, thats why i get so upset at my pairs for not eating it cause i know its very good for them...arrgggggg
A good way to introduce fish to food is to not feed them for a day or so and then feed rods when they are hungry. They will be so hungry they will try everything and get the good taste on their taste buds. I have had pretty good luck using this trick.

OP
OP
RandysReef

RandysReef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been seeing some pre-spawning signs the past couple weeks.:roll: They have been biting the same spot in the pot and running their bellies on it while twitching. I also saw a new one yesterday, they are now wiggling their whole bodies on the inside bottom of the pot. Trying to fatten them up especially the female so I can get some eggs soon!

Ordered some otohime EP1 from Reed Mariculture and came late last week. Lovin' the otohime! Trying to practice culturing Rotifers and feed them to my reefs to be prepared for the future.

Last edited:

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Randy:bigsmile: Keep up the heavy feedings and start to practice culturing rotifers. That way you will be ready when they lay. Good Luck!!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been seeing some pre-spawning signs the past couple weeks.:roll: They have been biting the same spot in the pot and running their bellies on it while twitching. I also saw a new one yesterday, they are now wiggling their whole bodies on the inside bottom of the pot. Trying to fatten them up especially the female so I can get some eggs soon!

Ordered some otohime EP1 from Reed Mariculture and came late last week. Lovin' the otohime! Trying to practice culturing Rotifers and feed them to my reefs to be prepared for the future.
good news! good luck.

OP
OP
RandysReef

RandysReef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Update*

*Rotifers are doing good so far. I can tell they are getting denser by the increase of the amount of food they need.:roll:

*I managed to catch a video of the pair showing their pre spawning signs.:xd:

[video=youtube;bgGkjruUdv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgGkjruUdv8[/video]

Last edited:
OP
OP
RandysReef

RandysReef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates randy??

I have noticed them biting the rock a little more especially the female. I witnessed the pair yesterday going crazy and biting the same spot. I will try to get a video of them if I get lucky.

I have been slacking on feeding and water changes, so I know I have to change there to actually see some healthy and viable eggs.

Rotifers are doing good. They are very dense and I am culturing 1/4 every day and replacing with 1.020 mixed saltwater. I ran out of phyto and had to buy some reefnutrition phyto from my lfs. I need to put in a reed mariculture order for most likely a 32oz bottle of RGcomplete which contains dense phyto, chloramax ammonia control, and a PH buffer. Any other sugestions of which to order instead will be appreciated.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back