Grafted monti cap help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter johnyboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

johnyboy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
437
Reaction score
50
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

I bought A grafted Monty From REEFAPALOOZA. I was just wondering where in the tank is good placement according to flow and light and any other requirements for tips to get this fry growing because it could be a beautiful piece. I also bought a pink lemonade sps. What are the requirements to get this piece growing as well. Thanks
 
What type of lighting. ? Under kessils my montis like to be about mid to upper level in tank. But not directly under kessil. I would say about 8-12 inches from center. And med/ high flow
 
That's exactly where I have it. I have it a little higher than half way up but it's on the back glass. I have the AI hydras. And it's in high flow.
 
And it's a double post because I wrote the question in the wrong topic area.
 
That should be fine for the cap. As for the lemonade med light and decent flow will be best for that piece.
 
Yes I am acclimating for sure. I have another question I bought a head of a fruit loop zoa. What's the requirements for them to grown fast and color nice? I heard low light? I want to get it right because it's only one head right now
 
I can grow sps and lps pretty easy. But man I can't grow Zoas or Pallay or clove polops. I have a blue symposium and it has only doubled in in size in a little over a year. So it's about the size of two frag plug. It is on the outer limits of my kessils. I had to move it because it would close up any closer to light so it's pretty much on bottom of tank as far left as I could go. I think it needs better flow. But it's attached to a rock j can't move.
 
That's funny. I have the same problem with growing mushrooms. I think it's because they like "dirty" water. My zoas grow preety great and I want this fruit loop to grow out mad nice so I was wondering their requirements
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new