Grafting Stylo & Digi?

  • Thread starter Thread starter leewish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

leewish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2019
Messages
589
Reaction score
223
Location
North Wales, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last night I was looking in my tank and saw that a piece of my green digi was attached to my purple stylo. Nothing I did to try to make this happen.

Video below. Thoughts?

Should I cut so it does not ruin my stylo colony?
Let nature take its course and see if it grafts? Think there is potential to graft or are they too different?

 
Cut the section off with both and see if it grafts into a new colony if you’re worried about it
 
There is zero chance of a graft. I'd just leave it be, they are both prolific growers so I doubt either would take over the other.
 
There is zero chance of a graft. I'd just leave it be, they are both prolific growers so I doubt either would take over the other.
If they’re already attached as he said, isn’t that kind of a graft?
 
If they’re already attached as he said, isn’t that kind of a graft?
The Digi is just growing over the stylo but there is no grafting happening. These are from separate genus
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new