Great Barrier Reef Day 1

Marinebionerd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2017
Messages
292
Reaction score
128
Location
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys doing some fish and coral surveying with a company called Marine Discoveries in Australia. Check out some of the footage I got on my go pro. Apologies for the shaky footage I didn’t bring a stand or anything so I’m just holding the go pro with my hand lol. I’m going back on the reef tomorrow so I’ll try and update the thread then!

Check out my YouTube video here:
 
I wish I could portray with my camera skills how massive and beautiful everything is!
You did fine. The second video captured the colors of those massive tables, and the first video of the reef crest was awesome. That's a lot of water flow.
 
You did fine. The second video captured the colors of those massive tables, and the first video of the reef crest was awesome. That's a lot of water flow.
Thank you! It was very rough waters the second day so it was hard to stay in one place.
 
Thank you! It was very rough waters the second day so it was hard to stay in one place.
That was clearly apparent in the video and that's what gives it value.
People can see where the corals they buy actually come from and the conditions they are subjected to.

You can easily mess yourself up bad out there if you're not careful!
 
I mean...just WHOA!
That color blue. I wish I could find this somewhere.

1754978451744.png
 
Thank you for sharing! I always love getting to see these kinds of videos!
 
Thanks everyone! I’ve got my last few snorkeling trips and surveys today. Will update thread with more videos when I can!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new