Great barrier reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter jasonb87
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The devastating effects of global warming are undeniable and the death of the Great Barrier Reef is the shocking reality that our planet is screaming for help. This is heartbreaking. So sad.
 
You should see the keys. When I was a kid, there were people pulling staghorn branches up with anchors and sailing away like nothing ever happened. If the entire thing dies off, it'll be more our fault than any single thing we've ever done. Makes me wonder who the invasive species really is!
 
So as an Australian I'm not denying the fact that part of barrier reef is in trouble but it's also worth nothing that the barrier reef is a lot bigger than they say, the southern part where I live has no bleaching at all. Most of the damage is the far north where cyclones and the crown of thorns star fish is prolific also run off fertiliser from farming is a problem. It also suffered a bleaching event in very early 2000 and made a full recovery. There has being a lot of conflicting stories on what is happening and they are only focusing on a very specific part of the reef. Which I admit is suffering but the media aren't telling the full story
 
So as an Australian I'm not denying the fact that part of barrier reef is in trouble but it's also worth nothing that the barrier reef is a lot bigger than they say, the southern part where I live has no bleaching at all. Most of the damage is the far north where cyclones and the crown of thorns star fish is prolific also run off fertiliser from farming is a problem. It also suffered a bleaching event in very early 2000 and made a full recovery. There has being a lot of conflicting stories on what is happening and they are only focusing on a very specific part of the reef. Which I admit is suffering but the media aren't telling the full story

You're in the south? To me the water looks to be a bit cooler there. There may well be a cold current coming off the Antarctic shelf keeping the southern side from bleaching. I like to pay attention to weather patterns across the planet, and pay attention to where you are in particular very closely because of the reef, but I happen to like Australia as well. [emoji6] Was it several months ago when I saw a subtropical cyclone between the southern side of the continent and northern Antarctica? It struck me as a bit strange because I've never seen anything of the sort swirling around down there on any weather map I've ever seen. [emoji848]

I believe the scientists when they say we should expect a twenty percent decline in natural species in the next two to three decades. Weather or not people wish to believe, is entirely up to them. I'll leave them to their faith and perhaps fate. In the meantime, I'm going to do my part in educating everyone that seems interested in what really happens when sea water becomes acidic because of temperature increases and nitrogen runoff. I'm also going to base my opinions on observable fact, instead of perceived fallacy or failed policy.

It's the least I can do. [emoji41][emoji851]
 
I'm in the central region which is almost the middle of qld but its called the southern part of the reef Cairns is 1000km away the end of Barrier reef is on the south part is 600km away.
 
So as an Australian I'm not denying the fact that part of barrier reef is in trouble but it's also worth nothing that the barrier reef is a lot bigger than they say, the southern part where I live has no bleaching at all. Most of the damage is the far north where cyclones and the crown of thorns star fish is prolific also run off fertiliser from farming is a problem. It also suffered a bleaching event in very early 2000 and made a full recovery. There has being a lot of conflicting stories on what is happening and they are only focusing on a very specific part of the reef. Which I admit is suffering but the media aren't telling the full story

Shh! Let them have their causes! Life wouldn't be fun without something to complain about (and tax and regulate and restrict etc etc etc).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new