OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you quarantine yours before adding to your display tank? How long, and did you have trouble getting them to eat at first?

Thanks

No quarantine, I did treat tank with prazipro for ten days however. Dosing day 1, 5, and 7. I did not have issues getting them to eat but other eating leopards makes it easier.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have an established (female blue star 6months in my case) can you safely add a new leopard? I’m thinking of either a different species or maybe a male blue star

trexodore

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily if I have a male melanurus wrasse would that keep a blue star leopard from transitioning? I like the colors on the females a lot better and the male looks quite a bit like the melanurus in color

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg

This is Spotty, my 7 month old Blue Star Leopard Wrasse (Macropharyngodon bipartitus). She was 0.25 inch when I got her and is now 0.75 to 1 inch long. I have been wanting more leopard wrasse like species however can’t bring myself to getting one until I get a flashing tilefish. Species I’m looking at include:
Xenojulis margaritaceus
Halichoeres lapillus
Macropharyngodon choati
Macropharyngodon negrosensis

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily if I have a male melanurus wrasse would that keep a blue star leopard from transitioning? I like the colors on the females a lot better and the male looks quite a bit like the melanurus in color
No, this is almost certainly not going to cause any issues with a leopard wrasse transitioning. :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won’t change however, a female leopard is much less likely to change than the more common wrasses like Halichoeres and Cirrhilabrus.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back