Green Bay pet store going out of business

ken_wied

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went into Pine Street Pets to chat and they have a sign that says "store closing sale - 20% off"
Just an FYI. Sucks to see another go out.

OP
OP
ken_wied

ken_wied

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When they first started their tanks were always full of neat livestock and a wide selection of corals. The recession has done a number on them and they weren't able to recover from it from the looks of it. Sad to see because it was a family run business.

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, had a feeling that was going to happen. empty tanks starting a while ago was not a good sign. i don't think that nearly enough people even knew they existed. a reminder for all of us if we ignore them they'll go away though. support your LFS while you can.

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, I hate Just Pets but go there all the time, cause there the only store for miles that has Rods food and live blood worms. And as much as I hate them, I would hate even more to see it close.

But I can see any pet store having a hard time competing with Reefs, there system blows them all away.

OP
OP
ken_wied

ken_wied

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you both Bri and John. I don't think that Tiffany and Sue had the exposure required to keep them going. They have had bare tanks for several months - even when I lived in GB almost a year ago, they were scant on coral livestock. They still had a friendly environment though, and I enjoyed going there to chat if anything. Tiffany was with Jeff at Aquatic Imports when he was in GB, so she has been around for a while. Sad to see her go.
I go to Just Pets because they are literally 3 blocks from my house - and its convenient and thats it. I find they are a little high on the dry goods, and some of the livestock looks in poor condition, but whatcha gonna do.

shananigans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crap! I better use up the gift certificate I have then! Now I'm going to feel bad going in there with a gift certificate, they could probably use a real sale. :(

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I graduated from UWGB in '98 and used to frequent "Advanced Aquarium Systems"--is that still there?

OP
OP
ken_wied

ken_wied

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Advanced aquarium systems is still there. He did however downsize his store damatically. Very little marine fish and virtually no corals.
Sue and Tiffany - you will be missed!

condiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agre it is sad to see them close I have been there a few times to get food for my sisters birds they were always very helpful

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back