Green BTA Showed up... Dead?

sawyern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! New to the forums on this site. I've kept reef tanks for over 6 years but just decided to try my first 1) online order and 2) anemone of any kind, so somewhat a novice in that area. I've done quite a bit of research on keeping anemone's and found a decent deal on saltwaterfish.com... So I took the plunge.

The BTA showed up smelling HORRIBLY. I have never smelled something from my tank, or any tank for that matter, that smelled so badly. Also, the water was extremely hazy. Additionally, there's debris floating everywhere, along with what looks like a couple shriveled up arms from the nem. The mouth is also completely open, which I've read is not a good sign. Does this poor guy look dead to you guys?

Currently have perfectly normal water parameters and doing a nice little drip acclimation (hoping that it is, indeed, alive).

Thanks for any help!!!

20200107_183727.jpg 20200107_191417.jpg 20200107_193023.jpg 20200107_193047.jpg

OP
OP
S

sawyern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought I'd bump - anyone have any thoughts or insight on this?

Thanks again :)

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several nems but I really don't consider myself an expert in them by any means but I would contact dealer and ASAP and let them know the state it is in and ask for a refund. I personally wouldn't put it in my tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back