Green bubble algae what do it do.

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a frag from my lfs about 2 weeks ago today I see it has green bubbles growing on it... can I just take it out and be ok? Or am I just infected now?
20211109_175225.jpg

OP
OP
Treenk

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed that frag from the tank. It was only a 20 dollar little ricordia. Would iodine dip kill it? That's all I have atm, or should I just cut it as a loss? Or am I just screwed regardless?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I removed that frag from the tank. It was only a 20 dollar little ricordia. Would iodine dip kill it? That's all I have atm, or should I just cut it as a loss? Or am I just screwed regardless?
No iodine but peroxide likely would work

ReefRxSWFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a frag from my lfs about 2 weeks ago today I see it has green bubbles growing on it... can I just take it out and be ok? Or am I just infected now?
20211109_175225.jpg
One thing Vibrant actually does is get rid of bubble algae forever!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

ReefRxSWFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peroxide will kill a lot of corals when used as a dip, or when directly applied. Ive even had some Zoas not survive a dip. As far as dosing, ive dosed as high as 6ml/10 gallons of 3% peroxide for a few weeks without negative effects. As far as treating velonoa bubble algae, ive never seen anything eradicate it completely like Vibrant. At the same time, i haven’t found Vibrant useful for anything else.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emerald crab.

Aclman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you may be overreacting a bit. Take it out, apply peroxide on the algae directly and return the shroom to the tank. It will likely be manageable. I have bubble algae pop up occasionally and it’s easy to take care of. The nice thing about bubble is it clusters and can be removed pretty easily

ReefRxSWFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you may be overreacting a bit. Take it out, apply peroxide on the algae directly and return the shroom to the tank. It will likely be manageable. I have bubble algae pop up occasionally and it’s easy to take care of. The nice thing about bubble is it clusters and can be removed pretty easily
One good rule is keeping your hands out of your tank. Even more so if you have Maroons. Why would you want to constantly put your hands in your tank, forever, because velonoa never gives up, and one small bottle of vibrant eliminates it forever in a little over a week, and is never a problem again?

Melanie Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do half water half peroxide dip. It works for me. Hasn't killed anything but the coral will be mad a few days. I usually knock off the bubbles i can see before i dip it.

Aclman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One good rule is keeping your hands out of your tank. Even more so if you have Maroons. Why would you want to constantly put your hands in your tank, forever, because velonoa never gives up, and one small bottle of vibrant eliminates it forever in a little over a week, and is never a problem again?
I think it’s better to try treating the one spot before jumping to dosing the entire tank. It’s not constantly, maybe every few months and I’m already in the tank doing some form of maintenance. Basically I can live with it just giving op another option. Does op hand maroon clowns?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back