Green bubble tip, turning red?

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltyfins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saltyfins

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,064
Location
Spokane
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it possible, for a green bubble tip, to turn red?? It truly seems that's what's happening. When I got it 6 months ago, it was a light green with bubbles. Now, 6 months later...it's turning red with red tips. Now, it's not bubbled and has 2 clowns in it. I feed it twice a week, but this am and today, I noticed it really looks red...?:oops:
Just not sure that's possible. However, I looked all over, and I cant find anything about this happening. Hoping someone has seen it happen.

Thanks for any help.
 
They can change color depending on what light you use and what spectrum you have them under. You most likely have a rainbow bubble tip anemone
 
They can change color depending on what light you use and what spectrum you have them under. You most likely have a rainbow bubble tip anemone
Weird. Ok, thank You. I have it under 3 A360WE tuna blue kessils, and also do feed it Reef Roids. so I probably should research that....I got it from Petco...only because no one else had any, and my clowns were beating up my Duncan.
Thanks so much :)
 
Weird. Ok, thank You. I have it under 3 A360WE tuna blue kessils, and also do feed it Reef Roids. so I probably should research that....I got it from Petco...only because no one else had any, and my clowns were beating up my Duncan.
Thanks so much :)
Most likely it is coloring back up to a healthy normal color. Petco usually does not have them under the best of lights.
 
Different lighting, different nutrients, different food, flow, water parameters etc can all affect how your nems look. Your tank and lights are not the same as conditions where you purchased it from so a change in coloration is not surprising as it was likely lacking zooxanthele and is now coming into its true colors.
 
sorta what I was also thinking. thanks so much, everyone. I appreciate it a lot!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new