Green bubble tip, turning red?

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it possible, for a green bubble tip, to turn red?? It truly seems that's what's happening. When I got it 6 months ago, it was a light green with bubbles. Now, 6 months later...it's turning red with red tips. Now, it's not bubbled and has 2 clowns in it. I feed it twice a week, but this am and today, I noticed it really looks red...?:oops:
Just not sure that's possible. However, I looked all over, and I cant find anything about this happening. Hoping someone has seen it happen.

Thanks for any help.

OP
OP
saltyfins

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can change color depending on what light you use and what spectrum you have them under. You most likely have a rainbow bubble tip anemone
Weird. Ok, thank You. I have it under 3 A360WE tuna blue kessils, and also do feed it Reef Roids. so I probably should research that....I got it from Petco...only because no one else had any, and my clowns were beating up my Duncan.
Thanks so much :)

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird. Ok, thank You. I have it under 3 A360WE tuna blue kessils, and also do feed it Reef Roids. so I probably should research that....I got it from Petco...only because no one else had any, and my clowns were beating up my Duncan.
Thanks so much :)
Most likely it is coloring back up to a healthy normal color. Petco usually does not have them under the best of lights.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Different lighting, different nutrients, different food, flow, water parameters etc can all affect how your nems look. Your tank and lights are not the same as conditions where you purchased it from so a change in coloration is not surprising as it was likely lacking zooxanthele and is now coming into its true colors.

OP
OP
saltyfins

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorta what I was also thinking. thanks so much, everyone. I appreciate it a lot!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back