Green Bubbletip doesn’t look good

RebeccaH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what’s wrong with this green bubble tip anemone? I’ve had it for a couple of months and its tentacles are short and it never really opens up. IMG_7329.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
firstly; welcome aboard the r2r board. hello from PA!

secondly; as mentioned above, what are your water parameters? the tank does seem to have some "age" to it, but ideally with 'nems you want an established tank for them. any critters in the tank that could potentially stress the 'nem?

Upvote 0

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lights do you have?

It looks like it is slowly starving and bleached in the photo.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

RebeccaH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
firstly; welcome aboard the r2r board. hello from PA!

secondly; as mentioned above, what are your water parameters? the tank does seem to have some "age" to it, but ideally with 'nems you want an established tank for them. any critters in the tank that could potentially stress the 'nem?
I posted parameters above. I have Nassau’s snails, some hermit crabs, a coral beauty, a neon goby and two clownfish. Thanks

Upvote 0

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is bleached. The 'nem is stressed out. Whether it's because the lighting isn't sufficient (which this seems to be the case), parameters are unstable (unlikely because of the tanks age), or something is bothering it alot. My best guess would be your lighting is not sufficient enough. I do not see any corals in the tank from that picture, so this leads me to believe this is your first photosynthetic animal? Also, the nutrients are a bit low, but I doubt that's the main reason your 'nem is bleached. What's your lighting?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

RebeccaH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is bleached. The 'nem is stressed out. Whether it's because the lighting isn't sufficient (which this seems to be the case), parameters are unstable (unlikely because of the tanks age), or something is bothering it alot. My best guess would be your lighting is not sufficient enough. I do not see any corals in the tank from that picture, so this leads me to believe this is your first photosynthetic animal? Also, the nutrients are a bit low, but I doubt that's the main reason your 'nem is bleached. What's your lighting?
In the picture the light were turned down low, they were starting to dim for nighttime and I just turned them up a bit for the pic. Lights are Current USA eflux

Upvote 0

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights are Current USA eflux. Are the lights too bright?
Off hand I am not familiar with these particular lights. Nems grow in shallow water and generally like lots of PAR. The spectrum is important, and again, I am not familiar with these lights and don't have the time, at this moment to research them. Perhaps someone else will have a real answer, but I asked because yes, light qualities are important.

Nems are difficult creatures, so even with all the "Right Stuff" they can fail, especially in a newer tank.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

RebeccaH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off hand I am not familiar with these particular lights. Nems grow in shallow water and generally like lots of PAR. The spectrum is important, and again, I am not familiar with these lights and don't have the time, at this moment to research them. Perhaps someone else will have a real answer, but I asked because yes, light qualities are important.

Nems are difficult creatures, so even with all the "Right Stuff" they can fail, especially in a newer tank.
Thank you

Upvote 0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back