OP
S

Snail Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once and if that becomes a problem we'll help you solve it. It might not be an issue. Nutrient imbalance is usually the problem with the algae. Also, don't be afraid of having algae, it's a normal process that can be addressed. Your goal is to keep animals alive, they don't care if they have to live next to algae vs dying in a pristine tank. If you want to keep that nem in good health and add other corals, I would definitely add a serious light to the setup. At least something like viparspectra. Also, I think you'll like your tank much better with that light on.
I put that light I was talking about on to the tank and now about a week later he has doubled in size with large folds. back to usual thanks for all the help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
S

Snail Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, one problem solved on the next, I have a narrow tank wi the large rock work in the middle, so I gave my carpet anemone like a third of the tank to the left. BUT HES ON THE MOVE. I worried he will push my rock work over. Is there something that could be prompting him to move??

robotrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, one problem solved on the next, I have a narrow tank wi the large rock work in the middle, so I gave my carpet anemone like a third of the tank to the left. BUT HES ON THE MOVE. I worried he will push my rock work over. Is there something that could be prompting him to move??
Light/flow is usually why they move. Unfortunately you kind of just have to let them pick where they want to be. I think there's some tactics to push them where you want them but I'm not the one to speak to those.

OP
OP
S

Snail Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light/flow is usually why they move. Unfortunately you kind of just have to let them pick where they want to be. I think there's some tactics to push them where you want them but I'm not the one to speak to those.
I recently added light so I’m going to dial it back

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back