Green chromide

Joel Jacop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have a green chromide cichild in their reef tank or have kept them in the past or has any other brackish cichilds in a reef tank .

really wanna know does anyone on here keep marine/brackish cichilds in their reef tank and how is it .

1612979649699.jpeg

My green chromide cichild
my most favourite fish in my reef tank

Nip-Nipperton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread is from Feb, but do you still have it in a reef? I've been looking around the Internet but there isn't much experience with them in saltwater aquarium, let alone a reef. Thanks

OP
OP
Joel Jacop

Joel Jacop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread is from Feb, but do you still have it in a reef? I've been looking around the Internet but there isn't much experience with them in saltwater aquarium, let alone a reef. Thanks
Hi my green chromide is still living in my reef tank and yes very little information is out there about them living in a reef tank sadly. so far from my experience they are 100% Reef safe and they are great algae eaters but they also fall to ich very easily and only the ones who had been exposed to marine environments for generations do best. The individual I got was caught in the Malaysian side of the Johor straits and the population has been exposed to mangroves and river mouths for generations as for populations from native inland south India the ones most commonly caught for pet trade have much lower chances of survival in marine environments unless they were caught from the coasts I hope that information will help

Back