Green Chromis Behavior

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had one for 2 years. For some reason over the last week it no longer is constantly swimming in the water column. It setup shop in between the branches of my staghorn and monti digitata. Still comes out to eat and otherwise appears normal. Didnt notice any aggression from my other fish. Maybe my lyertail chasing it a bit. Just looking for others experience. Is this normal for this type of fish?

Last edited:

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It finally found its happy place. They usually live in and amongst branching corals in the wild so it is normal behavior.

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had one for 2 years. For some reason over the last week it no longer is constantly swimming in the water column. It setup shop in between the branches of my staghorn and monti digitata. Still comes out to eat and otherwise appears normal. Didnt notice any aggression from my other fish. Maybe my lyertail chasing it a bit. Just looking for others experience. Is this normal for this type of fish?

Mine live in my purple pocillopora

Ben Pedersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4. 1 of them stays in the coral, the others swim in the open. The 3 that swim around seem to be female (they lay eggs a couple times a month on the glass and rocks. I have never seen the one that stays in the coral lay eggs. I have seen him with the others while they lay eggs.

Back