Green Garden Eel in 100g tank?

sunshinesea

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2022
Messages
36
Reaction score
7
Location
MIA
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, can I keep one green garden eel in mixed reef 100g tank with 3 inch sand bed and 3 tangs, 1 wrasse and some anthias? I don’t have a lid, are they jumpers? What’s the biggest challenge with this type of eel(?)? Thank you in advance.
 
Hi, can I keep one green garden eel in mixed reef 100g tank with 3 inch sand bed and 3 tangs, 1 wrasse and some anthias? I don’t have a lid, are they jumpers? What’s the biggest challenge with this type of eel(?)? Thank you in advance.
There are a lot of people here who keep garden eels. I dont, I keep morays. But when I was researching these guys when I considered keeping them I found two big things they need: DEEP sand bed and they dont do well alone, they need more that one eel. :)
 
Hi, can I keep one green garden eel in mixed reef 100g tank with 3 inch sand bed and 3 tangs, 1 wrasse and some anthias? I don’t have a lid, are they jumpers? What’s the biggest challenge with this type of eel(?)? Thank you in advance.
You need more sand, 6" + to do well, they need a tight lid, will be very stressed by fish like tangs. Super shy, need frequent feedings (minimum twice daily) with frozen food. They are also communal and do much better in groups.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new