Green grass algae

White Hair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 gal tank, 2 clowns, 1 emerald crab, several hermit crabs, about 8 months old, grass algae beginning to flourish, tried a chemical twice with no results, would like live stock suggestions all chem readings close to normal, don’t know if its relative, but aiptasia beginning to flourish also, any help would be greatly appreciated. Have cut lights back to 7 hours a day.

Shesame

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what chemical product did you tried ? For me I tried vibrant (pic below) and it worked very well.
For the live stock i have emerald crab and they are good algae eater and some blenni are good too.
for your aptasia you can go for a filefish its litteraly their job too get rid of it.

1593113564000.png

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you referring to the longer stringy hair algae, or the short spongy turf algae? Pic? I have a pincushion urchin that ignored a stubborn patch of turf algae for months. Then one day he decided to go to work. It took about a week to decimate a patch about the size of a playing card. He also does a good job on the hair algae.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back