Green Hair Algae Problem

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refugiums are nice but you more than likely won’t see any benefits with a tank of your size. Your corals look good, even with the amount of phosphate you have. I wouldn’t make any drastic changes here. Like I mentioned earlier, I would watch your feeding and keep an eye on your phosphates. Test them daily to really get a feel for what’s happening. As far as your CUC, make sure you have the right members for the job.

OP
OP
Mitch0928

Mitch0928

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refugiums are nice but you more than likely won’t see any benefits with a tank of your size. Your corals look good, even with the amount of phosphate you have. I wouldn’t make any drastic changes here. Like I mentioned earlier, I would watch your feeding and keep an eye on your phosphates. Test them daily to really get a feel for what’s happening. As far as your CUC, make sure you have the right members for the job.
Got it I’ll do some more research. But I have lost one coral since I noticed hair algae. It was a gi joe favia that died within days but that’s weird because my acans are thriving

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back