Green hair algae

rebecca_nano_reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Location
suffolk
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, my fluval evo 13.5g has been set up 9 months. 2 months ago I added a new large piece of dry rock. The last 4/5 weeks I’ve had hair algae on that rock. It was pretty bad but managed to get rid of most with flux RX. However all my parameters are good. Phos 0.05, nitrate 9, alk 8.1, ph 8.2.
Why is the hair algae growing back? It’s getting frustrating now. I’ve turned the white lights down to 25%.
What can I do to stop it reoccurring? TIA

IMG_6612.jpeg
 
Nice tank I have the same tank I can't keep torch Corals or hammer or any lps which is a bummer my tank won't let me only ducans making it a bubble tip and soft corals mostly mushrooms high end and stock it full of them doing that soon

37d50be4-3bff-4475-8505-81846956804b.png
97f4c8ec-10b9-4e88-be4a-9dd23eb73abd.png
1646b908-a69b-4e71-a1bd-a4a3a9abc331.png
bb49e66f-242c-4d2f-8d73-37b5b52e9bf2.png
4e35acc4-f4d0-4635-9c5a-1c3530de3d80.png
368f16dc-0488-41bf-8909-c0ef61f4a1b5.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new