Green Hairy Rhodactis or something else?

ExpensiveSushi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2020
Messages
65
Reaction score
63
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed these guys starting to spread around an old pavona skeleton. At first I thought they were a zoa that I'd long since thought had vanished in a crash, but they don't seem to have the same structure as that mature. None of them are larger than a zoa. Am I looking at a Rhodactis hitchhiker? Green ones in center of pic. Thanks for the help fam!

E/S

1750449632455.png


1750449701955.png
 
That IS pavona! That is exactly what it looked like in my tank. 1.5 years later its a thriving colony. A frtiend of mine gave me some live rock he left out for weeks that used to have pavona on it. This stuff staretd popping up on it. turns out it wasnt dead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new