Green Killing machine

  • Thread starter Thread starter Manose
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,165
Reaction score
4,452
Location
Johnson City, Tn
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a 24watt unit to clear up a bacteria bloom and had 2 questions

1. is it okay to lay on it's side in the sump?
2. will it leach stuff to destroy my tank?(only leaving it in a couple days)
Thanks
 
Leach stuff?
Whatever organics that exist inside a bacteria molecule will be dumped into the bulk water. In my mature systems, that is food for filter feeders, including sponges.

No worries on laying green machine uv sterilizer on its side under water

image.jpg image.jpg
 
Leach stuff?
Whatever organics that exist inside a bacteria molecule will be dumped into the bulk water. In my mature systems, that is food for filter feeders, including sponges.

No worries on laying green machine uv sterilizer on its side under water

image.jpg image.jpg
Yeah I have it in the sump since Friday and tank is almost crystal clear.
I wonder how long I should leave it in there?
When I was researching this thing it was mentioned that it rusts out or something
 
So is too late to save my tank or is the antimony not there yet?
This is horrible and really upsetting that I have ruined my tank trying to make it better
The unit has been in the tank for 3 days

Sorry, I don’t really know how fast it releases antimony.

Do things look ok?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new