Green Mandarin feeding

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In what size tank would any dragonet (mandarin) not require supplemental feeding? What size tank could support more than 1?

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just a basic guideline, but approximately 50g per mandarin is suggested.

This of course will vary depending on live rock surface area and fuge, but personally I'd keep to this or bigger.

This is for just letting them be, and not like those that may culture pods or take other measures in making sure they have pods/foods

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So say if I wanted to keep 2 different species in a 200 gallon could I do one of each?

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just a basic guideline, but approximately 50g per mandarin is suggested.

This of course will vary depending on live rock surface area and fuge, but personally I'd keep to this or bigger.

This is for just letting them be, and not like those that may culture pods or take other measures in making sure they have pods/foods
Wait so 50 gallons per with no supplemental feeding?

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So say if I wanted to keep 2 different species in a 200 gallon could I do one of each?

Many people keep a target and green/red together, normally not an issue.
Pretty much males of the same species should not be in same tank, though I suppose if I were to keep 2 I'd probably still keep a male and a female just to be on safe side, never certain what animals will always do.

A male w/ a harem of females should work too, providing you can supply enough pods for all

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In what size tank would any dragonet (mandarin) not require supplemental feeding? What size tank could support more than 1?

I would say it has more to do with what is the minimum amount of live rock in which a healthy and self-sustaining copepod population can be maintained. I would say it takes about 75lbs of live rock with a well established copepod population to keep a single mandy fat and happy.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back