Green Mandarin x Target Mandarin Hybrid?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tmcd94
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tmcd94

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
207
Reaction score
174
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently upgraded my tank and merged it with a larger tank. The larger tank included all of the live rock, and livestock, which included a Target Mandarin. My tank had a Green Mandarin in it that I have had for four months and he quickly grew in size. I merged all of my livestock/live rock with the new 80 gallon. The merger has been running for a few days and I just noticed the Mandarins performing their mating ritual.
Most of the research I did before the merge proved unremarkable and I couldn't find any concrete past history of the mixing.

I have attached a pic of the mating and wish I could upload the video.

Does anyone have any experience with the two species mixing?
Thanks,
Terry

IMG_0109.PNG
 
I had the exact pairing for years. Never attempted to actually breed them. They got along fine. Enjoy the two. Sadly my male passed away last year.
 
from what I've researched as well the two womt pair. Some reported living peaceful but never had eggs.

Keep an eye on them as when they reach full maturity they could turn on each other.

But other wise if they seem happy enjoy them, we have 2 separate pairs in different tanks. 1 pair of spotted and 1 of the green/red variant.

Great little fish!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new