Recently I read an article at the Coral Magazine were it talks about pairing up Mandarins.
I have a male green Mandarin and I am considering the addition of a female to my tank and try to pair them up.
Have any of you guys ever tried doing it?
Another interesting fact the article covers is the "old" idea that all you need is to have a mature tank with enough pods and your mandarin will thrive. This has been put into check.
The biologist who wrote the article mention the importance of training your dragonets to eat prepared food, which i have not done with mine but he looks pretty healthy, "fat", and happy.
The only thing i can say that i did in order to support his feeding needs was a long time ago when i added a bottle of Tigger Pods to the tank and sump.
Up to today (about a 8 months after I added the fish) at night after the lights go out I see a bunch of pods of all sizes and shapes crawling on my rocks and sand. By the way my tank is a 75g with a 20g sump/refugium and it has been running for about 20 months now.
My question is, do any of you guys target feed or trained you madarins to eat prepared food? And for those who never did it like me, how long have you had your dragonet in your tank and how is it looking?
For those who havent read it, this is a great article and it is worth reading it.
Coral - November/December 2011Thanks for your input in advance.
I have a male green Mandarin and I am considering the addition of a female to my tank and try to pair them up.
Have any of you guys ever tried doing it?
Another interesting fact the article covers is the "old" idea that all you need is to have a mature tank with enough pods and your mandarin will thrive. This has been put into check.
The biologist who wrote the article mention the importance of training your dragonets to eat prepared food, which i have not done with mine but he looks pretty healthy, "fat", and happy.
The only thing i can say that i did in order to support his feeding needs was a long time ago when i added a bottle of Tigger Pods to the tank and sump.
Up to today (about a 8 months after I added the fish) at night after the lights go out I see a bunch of pods of all sizes and shapes crawling on my rocks and sand. By the way my tank is a 75g with a 20g sump/refugium and it has been running for about 20 months now.
My question is, do any of you guys target feed or trained you madarins to eat prepared food? And for those who never did it like me, how long have you had your dragonet in your tank and how is it looking?
For those who havent read it, this is a great article and it is worth reading it.
Coral - November/December 2011Thanks for your input in advance.
