Green montipora has brown polyps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tiagofish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tiagofish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2022
Messages
17
Reaction score
10
Location
Earth
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a coral two weeks ago, and I think it's a green montipora. It's polyps started turning brownish. Water Params are spot on. All other corals are doing fine. I'm wondering what could be going on? Bad lighting? Flow? Algae? Is it dying? I have it to the side of my tank w low flow and decent lighting. See pic. Any ideas? Thanks.
20220906_203905.jpg
 
I just got a coral two weeks ago, and I think it's a green montipora. It's polyps started turning brownish. Water Params are spot on. All other corals are doing fine. I'm wondering what could be going on? Bad lighting? Flow? Algae? Is it dying? I have it to the side of my tank w low flow and decent lighting. See pic. Any ideas? Thanks.
20220906_203905.jpg
Yep, this is a Montipora spongodes, and it's how the polyps look. Looks great!
 
I just got a coral two weeks ago, and I think it's a green montipora. It's polyps started turning brownish. Water Params are spot on. All other corals are doing fine. I'm wondering what could be going on? Bad lighting? Flow? Algae? Is it dying? I have it to the side of my tank w low flow and decent lighting. See pic. Any ideas? Thanks.
20220906_203905.jpg
Is it on the sand?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new