Green porcelain crabs and corals

Turkey head

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2017
Messages
345
Reaction score
236
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting some green porcelain crabs and wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this. I’ve read that the green variety will tend to climb and hide in rocks. While the white “anemone” version may host a coral.
I would like to put these in my tank with corals but I don’t want them annoying the corals by hosting them or crawling on them too much. I also don’t want them to steal food from the LPS.
I have a tank with no corals that I can put them in but I would prefer the other tank.
What’s your experience?
 
I bought some a few yrs ago. They hid in the rocks and I have randomly seen one once since then. Kind of lame. The white ones are awesome if you have an anemone though
 
Haha, that’s kind of what I want with these. I would like to see them from time to time though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new