green slime algae????

ReeferBill

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
832
Reaction score
249
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I got this frag with a little green slime algae on it. Didnt seem like a big deal, but it has spread through my whole nano tank. I have a few corals in there, and 1 clownfish. I have lots of carbon in the fuge, and run LED lights. It is clear that it was a growth from one small piece of algae. I never had any problems until this frag came in. I moved the tank and tried sucking this stuff up, but everywhere it landed it started spreading. Grows on anything it touches, glass, sand, rocks, corals. Looks exactly like red slime algae, but green. Tried red slime away, no lights, water change, carbon change, always RO water, so not sure how to rid the tank....any suggestions?
Thanks
 
Blue green cyano. Chemiclean will work on it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new