Green Slimer Responding to light oddly

PirateMonkeyReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2020
Messages
184
Reaction score
134
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I've got a little mini Colony of Green Slimer that has been in my tank for around a month or so. For most of the day's light Schedule, the Polyps have a nice extension but when the warm and cool whites peek for around 4 hours the polyps recede. The other SPS in the tank (a Purple Piccilopora and ORA Bird of Paradise) And the other corals respond very well to the additional PAR and spectrum that the whites offer and it actually helped their coloration. All of my parameters have been rock solid, but the system is still young at 2 months and is a tank transfer from a 40 breeder with some 7-month-old rock and sand (which now resides in the refugium) Below are system details.

200 gallon deep dimensions

Salinity 35ppt refractometer

Alk 9.2 - Hanna
Calcium 420 - Red sea
Magnesium 1400 - Red Sea

Nitrates 2-3 - Red Sea
Phosphates .04 - Hanna Ultra-low Range

Light
5 Radion XR-15 Gen 5 (two on the left, 3 on the right
4 Orphek OR3 Blue Plus Light Bars
 
Can you maybe post a couple pictures? I agree with you that a lot of acros respond very well to higher par so I wonder what’s going on!
 
Upvote 0
I haven’t since I added the 5th light maybe I should move him. It’s odd though as the purple piccilipora is pretty happy and they enjoy high par as well right?
AD598B71-8F14-4CF8-A398-5DAD13FCDA17.jpeg
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new