Green spotted puffer in reef tank?

Ricardolovesmar

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
Mercedes
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a green spotted puffer in a seperate tank after i started buying coral. After doing research I saw that some people where able to put their gsp in their reef tank and it won’t eat their coral. Do you guys think I should place him back in th tank ?
 
I was at my LFS the other day and they had a few of these in quarantine - I inquired as I thought they were brackish fish. One of the employees told me he has had them in his mixed reef, (sps, lps, and softies) for years without any issue. He said that the day he put his first coral in with it, a torch coral, it tried to take a bite. He claims that It got stung in/around the mouth and swam around the tank like a madman appearing to be, “in pain.” Since then, he said it’s been a model citizen.
 
Thanks bro I might consider putting him back cause taking care of multiple tanks has been hard for me.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new