Green Star Polyp loosing color

  • Thread starter Thread starter Obriy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Obriy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2024
Messages
178
Reaction score
82
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this GSP for about 8 months and it had been nice neon green up until 2-3 months ago, when it started turning brownisn/purplish with some green highlights. It grows fast and spreads over the backwall nicely, but looks dull. The only change I've done to it was moving the rock from the substrate where it got around 80-90 PAR to a higher location with around 120 PAR.
Parameters:
Temp. 79
Salinity 1.026
Nitrates 10
Phosphates 0.08
Calcium 420
Magnesium 1320
I've been battling LCA for several months now and am dosing silica.
7-19a.JPG
 
I'm no expert but maybe they are getting more light than you think. They are not happy for sure.
The way they lean to one side is just a waterflow. When I turn my wavemaker off, the polyps look normally open. And, from what I've learned about GSP, they can handle much more PAR than 120.
 
Makes sense. Mine get a bunch of flow and around 150 par or so. Just not sure why you lost color? Your water is about the same as I keep mine and mine have been happy since last Thanksgiving when I put them in.
 
As much as I like GSP in general, my current coral does not look nice. I'm trying to figure out if there is something I can do to fix the coloration.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new