Green torch is ok in the sandbed??

Jridgel47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just bought a green torch small with 2 heads will it be ok in the sand flow is med lighting is med to high....1st torch just want to make sure im ok ...TIA

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just bought a green torch small with 2 heads will it be ok in the sand flow is med lighting is med to high....1st torch just want to make sure im ok ...TIA
Are you going to stick it directly in the sand? How deep is your sandbed? If you're wanting it on the sandbed, then that should be fine, but mount it to something like a piece of rock rubble and just submerge the rock.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to stick it directly in the sand? How deep is your sandbed? If you're wanting it on the sandbed, then that should be fine, but mount it to something like a rock and just submerge the rock.
I should say that’s how mine is, I have a small rock it’s attached to that I buried in the sand bed.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept my torch on the sand and it loved it. I wound up moving it to the rocks after I bought an elegance coral and didn’t see too big a difference. I think either is good as long as it’s moderate lighting and low to moderate flow.

OP
OP
J

Jridgel47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to stick it directly in the sand? How deep is your sandbed? If you're wanting it on the sandbed, then that should be fine, but mount it to something like a piece of rock rubble and just submerge the rock.
I do want it in the sand i am looking for sand corals at the moment ....thanks for the help this is my tank at the moment minus the torch ...tank is a 14 gallon biocube all stock....its 6months old wit 2 fish a blue damsel and a 6line wrasse
20210122_212421.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back