OP
OP
stylolvr

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, glad to have you on the forum! Excited to see your build get into full form and you get back into stride!

What was your favorite part that drew you back to the hobby? Again welcome!

giphy.gif

I’ve always love marine life (marine bio degree, avid diver, etc.), so having a small piece of a reef at home was amazing. I think the most gratifying part for me is watching corals proliferate, knowing you’re maintaining a pristine environment for them and other inhabitants. Like painting a room, just a bit slower ;)

OP
OP
stylolvr

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Headed over to WWC in Winter Park, FL this weekend to start accumulating equipment. I'm still debating between a Waterbox stand or building one myself. I've built stands for tanks in the past, and like the idea of a taller stand than what are typically made for tanks. Thinking of starting a build thread once the first pieces of gear are in hand. Thoughts?

leighla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back!
Living in central FL will spoil you, so many excellent vendors and locals to get fish and corals from!
I started in the hobby while I lived in Orlando and miss the community up there since relocating.
Enjoy the new tank, hope the kids enjoy it too!

OP
OP
stylolvr

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back!
Living in central FL will spoil you, so many excellent vendors and locals to get fish and corals from!
I started in the hobby while I lived in Orlando and miss the community up there since relocating.
Enjoy the new tank, hope the kids enjoy it too!
I got into the hobby while living in Tampa in the early 2000s - it's awesome to see that some of the shops I used to frequent are still running strong!

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Headed over to WWC in Winter Park, FL this weekend to start accumulating equipment. I'm still debating between a Waterbox stand or building one myself. I've built stands for tanks in the past, and like the idea of a taller stand than what are typically made for tanks. Thinking of starting a build thread once the first pieces of gear are in hand. Thoughts?
I really like the taller stand, just built my own for a biocube. Love not having to break my back to look into it

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back