Greetings From North Georgia, USA

  • Thread starter Thread starter SearchN
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SearchN

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2015
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Location
North Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone
My name is David and had a 29 saltwater tank back in the mid to late 70's. Getting back into saltwater after all these years and started building a 5.5 Pico. I know its a challenge, but can and is been done.
Have been gathering everything up, built a simple hood for my tank and currently have it setup with just freshwater to see how the temperatures hold and make sure my equipment works while waiting for my sand and IO. Kind of a dry run? :rolleyes:
I'd like to hear from reef keepers in or near my area. I live in North Georgia, about midway between Chattanooga and Atlanta. Look forward to reading the posts here and learning from others on how to keep things alive and just what in the way of livestock can be kept in such a small space.
Thanks
 
Welcome to R2R

welcome.jpg
 
Welcome David, I started out with a 3 gallon nano, currently have an 8 gallon nano and up grading to a 15 gallon nano reef , it's very addicting to say the least. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
 
Welcome to the community!
 
Thanks for all the welcomes! Glad to meet all of you.
So I guess a 5.5 is actually a nano. Perhaps I'll take a few pics and post them soon.
Learning more already;)
 
Welcome David my name is David and I am from N. Ga as well. Ringgold, Ga. to be exact just outside Chattanooga Tn. :)
 
Welcome David my name is David and I am from N. Ga as well. Ringgold, Ga. to be exact just outside Chattanooga Tn. :)

Nice to hear there are members nearby. I live just outside Calhoun, not far from Ringgold, just down the road from you. Are there any LFS in Chattanooga that you can recommend?
Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new